Capability Development Grant (CDG)
The Capability Development Grant (CDG) is a financial assistance programme that helps you build capabilities across 10 key business areas, ranging from raising service standards, adopting technology to employee training and overseas expansion. The grant supports a wide range of capability upgrading initiatives to help you grow your businesses locally and globally.
The grant defrays up to 70 percent of qualifying project costs such as consultancy, training, certification and equipment costs. It assists SMEs to take on large scale upgrading projects in areas like increasing productivity, process improvement, product development and market access.
AREAS ALLOW FOR GRANTS
- Learning & Development
- Performance Management
- Career Management
- Talent Management / Succession Planning
- Employee Engagements & Communication
- Compensation & Benefits
- Recruitment & Selection
- Manpower Planning
- Improving Your Organisational Performance. Enhance your management systems and processes by conducting a comprehensive organsiational review and formulating a strategic development roadmap.
- Developing an organisation’s mission, vision, values and strategies.
- Identifying gaps between internal resources and capabilities.
- Preparing for and undergoing a Business Excellence assessment (e.g. Singapore Quality Class, People Developer, Singapore Innovation Class, Singapore Service Class) within 12 months from the start date of the project.
Enhancing Customer Experience
- Enhancing service capabilities and empowering employee to engage and co-create with customers to build long-lasting relationships.
- Eligible sectors include Food & Beverage, Healthcare, Hospitality, Retail, Transport and Travel Services.
- Companies aside from the aforementioned sectors may also be considered for support on a case-by-case basis.
Engagement of service excellence consultants to review and/or design service systems. For instance,
- Service mission, service values and strategy development.
- Service blueprints and standards development.
- Service audits (e.g. customer satisfaction surveys, mystery audits).
- Adoption of business excellence framework for overall organizational improvement and preparation for Singapore Service Class certification.
Implementation of technological solutions to enhance service process efficiency, customer engagement and loyalty. For instance,
- Mobile or self-service systems.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and/or data analytics solutions.
Participation in overseas study missions for benchmarking and exposure to best practices.
Manpower involvement in projects (core-team members).
- Registered and operating in Singapore
- At least 30% local shareholding
- Group annual sales turnover ≤ S$100m or group employment of ≤200 employees
To find out more information about CDG Grant, click here.